Pages

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Something like the Cosbys

Growing up, who wasn't impressed by the Cosbys?  As a little girl, I watched every week and imagined how cool it would be to be Claire Huxtable.  She was brilliant, sophisticated, and beautiful!  Plus, she was a loving wife and devoted mother, too!  As if all that wasn't enough, she was married to a doctor who treated her with dignity and respect and was an equally devoted father!  Oh yes, as a little girl Claire was definitely someone I truly admired.   In a lot of ways, she reminded me of my own mother.  She was always perfectly coordinated when she got dressed up, she was a shimmering example of femininity,  and when she spoke not only did people hear her but they actually listened.   Now I could go on for days about the two of them, but I won't (you're welcome).  But they were both the inspiration for my most recent dolls. 
  I made the "Cliff" bear a tad bit shorter than "Claire" to pay homage to my daddy, because as much as I admire my mom I adore my dad.   Mama's got him by at least a few inches and half the time she wears heels to make it even more noticeable!  LOL Notice Claire even has her own little brief case and is all set for court.  :)

 
Copyright 2010 Daizy Girl in a Crochet World. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase